Miz Fitz Professes to Know All!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Creative Techniques for Dealing with Unreasonable Parents


Dear Miz Fitz
,   
I am the youngest in my family. I am the only girl and have recently found out that I can’t date till I am 16, as to my older brothers who started dating at my age. Help!

Sincerely, Middle School Lovestruck

Dear Lovestruck,
Researching Crowd Behavior for Psych Class
Miz Fitz believes your problem is one of semantics. When you are forbidden from “dating,” you must call it something else. For example, going to a movie with a boy would be called “studying popular culture.” Going to a party would be “sociology research.” Making out would be “physical education.” Miz Fitz would like to point out that this is not lying, it is simply “reframing the argument.”

1 comment:

  1. middle school lovestruckMay 17, 2012 at 7:16 AM

    Thank I'll try that next time I am doing "sociology research"

    ReplyDelete