Miz Fitz Professes to Know All!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Love Triangles and Other Polygons

Dodecagon of Love

Dear Miz Fitz,
There's this guy at school who's really cool and nice, and I really like him. The thing is he's already dating my friend. I would feel really bad if she got hurt, only I can't get him out of my mind. Should I just forget about him?
—HH

Mix Fitz loves a good Love Triangle. She also loves to hear about Love Rectangles, Love Pentagons, Love Dodecagons, and other potentially dangerous polygons, such as those described in What Boys Really Want (the book). She does not, however, enjoy being a party to such potentially dangerous geometries.
Of course, “forget about him” is not an option, unless you have the ability to Jedi mind-trick yourself. Miz Fitz suggests a wait-and-see strategy. Study the situation carefully. Take notes. Is he a vampire? Will their love last? If they break up, and you want to stay friends with your friend, how long must you wait to pounce? (Rule of Thumb: If she breaks up with him, wait at least three months. If he gives her the heave-ho, you may have to wait three lifetimes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment